Currently, I’m at the beach enjoying my day off. But I didn’t want to disappoint my readers by not posting again! I figured I would give a few pieces of advice I’ve learned and what others have offered to me!
- Be completely honest. The most important thing in your relationship is honesty. Without honestly, there isn’t trust, and then everything else seems to fall apart.
- Admit when you’re wrong, and don’t boast when you’re right. No one likes a smart ass and it isn’t fun when fights get ugly. Put your pride aside when it comes to the one you love.
- Take it slow! There’s no reason to rush things. Wait a year before moving in together or getting engaged because people change! I spent 5 years with Mike before getting engaged and moving in together. And 7 years later we are still learning about each other!
- Life isn’t a movie. Don’t expect your life to be a fairytale. I know it’s hard if you’re like me and love all those rom-com movies, but there’s expectations and then there’s reality, be realistic.
- Everyone has their moments. Everyone can be an asshole at times, but it’s about finding the one you’re willing to deal with for the rest of your life.
- Dont marry someone you wouldn’t want your kids to be like. I know in today’s age kids often come before marriage which is fine! Some aren’t planned and you can’t help it, but even if the one you marry isn’t the one you had kids with, pick someone you know is going to be a good role model and who’s going to be there for your kids.
- The passion should always be there. You don’t have to be on top of each other every day. Or baby talk, but you should always be passionate with your SO. It keeps romance alive and it always makes you feel like you’re in the right relationship.
- Never go to bed angry! You won’t get a good nights sleep and the grudge will still be there when you wake up. Always solve and apologize and kiss and make up before going to bed. Even if you’re on the couch and she’s in the bed.
- Thank them for everything they do for you. Always be grateful for what you have and never be envious of what someone else has. Your life is full of love and you have someone so be thankful!
- In the words of my favorite movie, Juno; “The best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly who you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you. The right person is still going to think the sun shines out of your ass. That’s the kind of person worth sticking with.”
What is some of the best relationship advice you have ever gotten? Let me know in the comments!
Xoxo see y’all next Tuesday